The delegates of The Bharat Sabbatical would be selected through a rigorous interview process which includes the following:
Step 1 – Email Application
The online email application consists of objective and subjective questions, to be mandatorily answered by all interested applicants. Give it your best shot!
Step 2 – Telephonic Interview:
Based on the online application, selected delegates will qualify for a telephonic interview with the members of the admissions team.
Step 3 – Skype/Telephonic Interview:
Selected applicants, qualified for the third round, will be interviewed by the core members of the selection committee.
- Phase 1 Deadline – January 31, 2020
- Phase 2 Deadline – February 15, 2020
Selection on Rollings Basis! Early applications are advisable owing to the high registrations.
What do we assess in a delegate?
- Experiences which demonstrate enthusiasm and interest in public leadership
- Interests to visit Indian and innovative ideas to maximize learnings from the visit.
- The relevance of this program to their professional ambitions and leadership potential.
- You should have completed at least one year of university education to be eligible for this program.
- You should be able to speak, read and write in English comfortably
- You should have an OCI card or proof of Indian diaspora origin and no prohibitions on travelling to India.
- In case needed, you should be able to obtain prior permission from your academic institute to attend The Bharat Sabbatical.
After you get selected:
- After the 3rd round of the interview, the shortlisted applicants would be intimated by e-mail.
- If finally selected, you will be asked to deposit a non-refundable fee of USD 500 to secure a place in TBS
- You will receive a confirmation letter along with details about the visa process, based on which you can apply for the visa.
- You will be asked to deposit the complete program costs (given below) to confirm your participation, upon the receipt of your visa.
- The program cost is USD 2000 (excluding GST)
- It includes local travel in India, accommodation and meals, tickets and passes for projects, and, merchandise and course material.
Limited scholarships up to USD 700 are available on a merit and means basis.
Early registrations are advisable owing to the limited scholarships.