Our guiding principles
Our civilization was built on the foundational insights into consciousness. A breath-taking grasp of the integral unity birthed a culture that synthesized ideas, will, and action i.e. a fusion of Jnana Shakti, Ichha Shakti, and Kriya Shakti. This magnificent vision of oneness nurtured men and women of unsurpassed integrity who have bequeathed to us, the essence of timelessness – Sanatana.
Our vision is to carry this work forward. Having connected to the intellectuals, political leadership, and youth of the country through our work over the last 4 years, we have an authentic perspective on the potential that can be unlocked if these 3 Shaktis can be fused into a coherent whole.
We have resolved to be a medium to drive this coherence.
RASHTRAM is our vision to nurture Academic, Political, and Community leaders grounded in the ethos of this land and aspirations of our people.
“The sum total of all knowledge is Yogakshema” – Mahabharata
‘Greater Good’ is the organising principle of all great cultures. The focus of education then should be to equip an individual with the clarity and competence required to engage productively with the society. This requires deliberate and conscious work, beginning at the individual level, culminating in an expansive spiritual vision.
Our curriculum at RASHTRAM, inspired by a seminal verse from Hitopadesa, aims to foster such learning using the Eka, Kula, Grama, Janapada, Prithvi and Atman framework.
tyajedekaṃ kulasyārthe grāmasyārthe kulaṃ tyajet ।
grāmaṃ janapadasyārthe hyātmārthe pṛthivīṃ tyajet ॥
– hitopadeśa, mitralābha
Power of knowledge
At every turn, thinkers produced ideas that animated the imagination of the people and created hospitable conditions for change. These ideas produce ‘Identity’ that give a sense of purpose and meaning to people – This is the process through which a random collection of a people, become a Nation. In today’s world, this mandate of producing good ideas is given to academia.
Power of will
Procedural justice is the vehicle that takes the ideas from the minds of a few to the hearts of many. It is this journey that confers legitimacy to the ideas and creates agency in people. Legitimizing right ideas through the creation of agency leads to ‘Stability’ – Guiding this journey and embedding nourishing ideas into the fabric of a Nation is the real job of Politics.
Power of action
‘Prosperity’ is a function of the energy of people channelized into productive avenues. The mandate for the state should be to create the conditions for Stability in which people can exercise the natural human genius for enterprise and creativity. The lifeblood of Ideas around Identity and Stability needs to flow through the veins of the civil society to create Prosperity – This is the role of leaders in Civil Society.
Reawakening India, elevating global consciousness.
- Building consensus on the centrality of Indian civilisational identity to its stability & prosperity.
- Creating self-aware and civilisationally-assured public leaders.
- Guiding institutions to ground their missions in an Indian civilisational worldview, to be capable of engaging with global standards of excellence.
- Integrality: At Rashtram, we believe that the development of an individual is multilayered, encompassing physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development. We refer to this as integral development and believe that society should facilitate and nurture this.
- Diversity: We believe that uniformity is not a prerequisite for unity. Integral development encourages diversity. Rashtram accepts, respects, and celebrates diversity.
- Harmony: We believe that all efforts for development should strive for harmony within an individual, between individuals, communities, and also the harmony of individuals with nature and the rest of the existence.
- National Identity: We believe that our nation India i.e. Bharat, is an ecosystem of individuals and institutions that reflects and facilitates integral development.